Please fill out the form below for all samples. A copy of your form submission will be emailed to you after you submit the form. Please print this and include it in your sample shipment. If you prefer to print the form and then fill it out, you can download a print version.
Purge a small amount of oil from the sample valve into a waste container.
Fill the sample jar 3/4 full with oil, swirl oil in sample jar, drain oil into waste container.
Collect oil sample, fill to shoulder of jar. Seal lid tightly.
- Oil sample should be taken at a location before oil travels through filter. It is recommended to take sample from an oil sampling port.
- Sample must be taken when equipment is running, or within 15 minutes of shut down.
Remove filter from equipment. Drain residual oil from filter. Place filter in first Ziploc bag. Seal Ziploc.
Wrap the Ziploc bag in absorbent pad provided. Place in the second Ziploc bag. Seal Ziploc.
Take the debris to be analyzed and remove all residual contamination (ex: oil) by rinsing with Isopropyl Alcohol. Allow the particles to dry completely. Ensure to clean each tool prior to handling the debris.
Remove the protective cover off the top surface of the Sample Patch by starting from the top right corner and peeling it directly across to the left.
Place the particles onto the Sample Patch Window.
Re-apply the protective cover onto the Sample Patch window. This is to protect the sample prior to analysis, and can be used to pinch the patch and flatten particles further.
Place the prepared Sample Patch into the protective case.
- Ensure that the particles are SPREAD OUT (do not overlap), and that they lay FLAT on the clear window.
- Particles thicker than 0.5 mm must be broken into smaller pieces and placed individually on the Sample Patch.
Prepare your sample and ship to Gastops laboratory
- Prepare your sample according to instructions above.
- Fill out this form for all samples and include it in your sample shipment.
- Place sample in cardboard mailer with the form.
- Include shipment paperwork (waybill and commercial invoice) with your sample.
- Courier to Dartmouth laboratory.
Condition Monitoring Laboratory
10-109 Williams Ave.
Dartmouth, NS B3B 2E3
For more information, contact: